[b-hebrew] Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring'

Jerry Shepherd jshepherd53 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 11:33:33 EDT 2013

Hi Karl,

Two things.

(1) "So the problem is not so much what I say, as how I say it."  Not
really; it's more than that.  The Masoretic points are far more reliable
than what the statement allowed.

(2) "Waltke and O’Connor mention that apparently the Amarna letters,
archeologically dated to the Divided Kingdom period, indicated that the
speech in Israel had every consonant followed by a vowel."  Could you
provide documentation for this?  Perhaps I'm wrong, but I think you may be
over-reading what they are claiming.

The rest of the post has some questionable assertions as well, but I'm
going to let those slide for now.

Blessings,

Jerry

Jerry Shepherd