[b-hebrew] Ex 6:6 hiphil imperative 'bring'

Jerry Shepherd jshepherd53 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 23:50:40 EDT 2013

Hi Karl,

The problem was with how strongly you put things: "You can't trust the
Masoretic points."  I believe rather that a great deal of trust can be put
in the Masoretic points.  And, as it turns out, in the example Chris
brought forward, the Masoretic text was spot on.

Also, I do not believe that the Masoretic points reflect the "Masoretic
time and place."  Rather, they reflect the tradition that was passed down
to the Masoretes, which may well indeed go back to biblical times in large
measure.

Blessings,

Jerry

Jerry Shepherd