[b-hebrew] Five Rules for root-identification

Jason Hare jaihare at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 10:14:20 EDT 2013

And along with it, we can trash the orthographic system of the Bible and
Siddur completely. Who needs the history of the Hebrew language, after all,
when we can invent our own systems in which such things become unnecessary
and pedantic? I mean, obviously, we should all buy into a system that
cannot semantically distinguish between ב and פ and that deals more with
primitive concepts and speculation than it does with the Hebrew language -
as it exists currently and historically.

My goal here is not to confront you, Isaac, but to let the reader know that
when your comments go uncontested, it is for our group sanity and not
because anyone thinks that you're correct. Your theories are your own and
not those of the rest of us, and newbies need to be aware of that. That's
all I'm saying. No one who comes here to ask simple questions and receives
your ramblings should be left with the impression that you have any respect
for the scholarship of the past or that your thinking represents the
conclusions of the majority.

Regards,
Jason Hare