[b-hebrew] Five Rules for root-identification

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Mon Jul 1 09:04:01 EDT 2013

The assumption that the different NIYQUD markings were designed for
different vowel articulations is, in my opinion, but a wild guess.
The Wikipedia article on the qamatz, for instance, is in my opinion
but pure science fiction. The claim that the XATAPIYM need to be read
B-XATAP, "snatchingly", is, in my opinion, a terminological joke.

There are people in Israel strongly calling now for the removal from
the school curriculum of this meshugas that goes by the name of
Hebrew grammar.

Isaac Fried, Boston University