[b-hebrew] Exodus 20:4-5 on idols

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 12:48:56 EST 2013

Jack:

The “missing” waw is found elsewhere, most commonly in lists of names such
as in the early chapters of 1 Chronicles. As such, it’s found within as
well as between verses.

Context is the clue as to how we should read these verses.

Karl W. Randolph.

On Sun, Feb 24, 2013 at 2:22 PM, Jack Kilmon <jkilmon at historian.net> wrote:

> Exodus 3-5 are one commandment broken into three stanzas.  My interest is
> with 20:4 and 20:5.

20:4  לֹֽא תַֽעֲשֶׂה־לְךָ פֶסֶל וְכָל־תְּמוּנָה אֲשֶׁר בַּשָּׁמַיִם