[b-hebrew] Psalm 23

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III bjwvmw at com-pair.net
Fri Feb 15 22:23:43 EST 2013

Dear List,

I have been reviewing the Messianic Psalms 22, 23, 24 very recently. Since these three Psalms are a triad, it puzzles me that while Psalms 22 and 24 prophecy the death and glory of the Messiah Psalm 23 is silent.

I have several questions:

1.    How does Psalm 23 fit with the prophetic Messianic Pss. 22 & 24?

2.    Does "nephesh" in 23:3 (MT) mean "soul" or "life" or ?

3.    Does "YeShUBeB" (Polel Impf) mean "restore" as traditionally translated or is it closer t o the idea of "to turn, return?"

4.    How would David have understood them when he wrote them NOT how they have been understood by the Christian exegetical tradition?

Thank you,

Rev. Bryant J. Williams III