[b-hebrew] The Name "Esau"

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Wed Aug 28 22:23:17 EDT 2013

1. Rebekah's family spoke some sort of Hebrew-Aramaic.

2. Their gods were the gods of the east, and they named their
children after them. All names from that period are theophoric,
including יצחק IYCXAQ, which I think is a deliberate corruption
of איש-חק  I$-XAQ or איש-שחק I$-$AXAQ. Recall יששכר
which
is certainly איש-שכר I$-SAKAR.

2. I will listen to your ideas under the condition that you refrain
from mentioning any other language but Hebrew and Aramaic.

Isaac Fried, Boston University