[b-hebrew] text on the BH verb structure

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Fri Aug 23 22:52:24 EDT 2013

1. HAL-O-K contains the personal pronoun הוא HU, contracted to a
mere O, Identifying the prophet as the performer of the act HALAK.
2. WQARA-TA contains the personal pronoun אתה ATAH identifying the
the prophet as the performer of the act QARA.
3. ZAKAR-TIY contains the personal pronoun אתי ATIY (for ANIY)
identifying God as the performer of the act ZAKAR.
4. You are right in saying that the identifications are context driven.
5. The "why" is, in my humble opinion, pointless.

Isaac Fried, Boston University