[b-hebrew] Psalm 22:17 from Naḥal Ḥever: several issues

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Thu Aug 22 00:52:35 EDT 2013

Sorry I took so long to reply.

Senior moments (I just forgot).

The image on this page can be blown up quite a bit, and on that basis I
disagree with the reading given in the text of the .pdf document.

This scrap doesn’t have spaces between words, as a result one is misread.
The final word that can be read is ידי followed by something that is not
very clear, but can be read as ורג in the right place to have “my feet”. It
looks as if the top stroke of the waw after the ידי has been smeared into
the following Resh which is only partially preserved. The Gimel following
the Resh is clear.

Yes, the editor tried to make the reading more clear, but by blowing the
picture up quite a bit, one can distinguish between the editing and the
original.

Oh yes, I also have the image you referenced in a later post, but this is
the file I refer to whenever there’s a question because it’s the clearest
picture I’ve been able to find so far.

Yours, Karl W. Randolph.