[b-hebrew] re Modern Hebrew

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Mon Aug 12 18:52:30 EDT 2013

The Eretz Israel reading style tinged with the Ashkenazi reading of
the tzere as EY, has the potential of confusing the singular and the
plural, for example:
Gen. 5:29
זֶה יְנַחֲמֵנוּ מִמַּעֲשֵׂנוּ
וּמֵעִצְּבוֹן יָדֵינוּ
KJV: "This same shall comfort us concerning our work and toil of our
hands"

Deut. 32:27
פֶּן-יֹאמְרוּ יָדֵנוּ רָמָה
KJV: "and lest they should say, Our hand is high"

Isaac Fried, Boston University