[b-hebrew] qamatz and patax

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Mon Aug 12 00:08:52 EDT 2013

The only point I was making, or trying to make, is call attention to
the undeniable fact (fact!) that the present-day "minimalist" Hebrew
reading custom, that makes no distinction between a qamatz, a patax
and the xatapiym, as well as between the segol and the cere, and
which ignores the dagesh "forte" and the dagesh "lene" in GDT, is
still fit to fully preserve the meaning of the biblical text.

Isaac Fried, Boston University