[b-hebrew] Shabbat in construct state?

Jerry Shepherd jshepherd53 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 18:25:58 EDT 2013

Hi Ari,

I failed to mention in that last email that, the second passage I quoted
from GKC relates in particular to the second verse you mentioned in 1 Chron
9:32.

So what I think is happening here is that in neither of these cases is
there a true construct involved.  Rather, in Num 28:10, the first word is
pointed as a construct, as happens in other places in the Hebrew Bible
where the same thing happens in a prepositional phrase.  In the 1 Chron
9:32 passage, the two words are not strictly in construct, but falls in
line with what sometimes happens in other appositional instances, where the
first word is pointed as if construct.

Blessings,

Jerry

Jerry Shepherd