[b-hebrew] By Whose God did Goliath Curse

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Fri Aug 2 18:11:34 EDT 2013

Let me add to the list from Ken Penner 1 Kings 18:27 where Elijah calls
Baal אלהים in plural.

I have two thoughts on this:

1) My understanding is that the Philistines believed in many gods, so my
thoughts are that Goliath probably was cursing David by more than one god.

2) Why would Goliath curse David by Israel’s God when he didn’t believe in
him? When he thought that the Philistine gods were superior to Israel’s? It
doesn’t make sense.

As far as Goliath falling forward, that would be consistent with him moving
forward towards David to kill him.

Karl W. Randolph.