[b-hebrew] ] A VISUAL EXPRESSION OF A THEOLOGICAL IDEA OF THESKY/HEAVEN ( Rolf's Response 4)

George Athas George.Athas at moore.edu.au
Wed Sep 5 17:32:05 EDT 2012

Sorry, Ted, but that's taking your own definition and expectation of what should and shouldn't be classified as 'THE' beginning, and using that as the measure; or it is assuming that the writer of Gen 1 had your definitions. Either way, this is a backward method, I'm afraid. The question is what the writer thought he/she was doing. This is not a theological question that seeks to answer the question through what other biblical writers may have expressed, but rather a literary question: what does the author of specifically Gen 1 want to convey?

GEORGE ATHAS
Dean of Research,
Sydney, Australia