[b-hebrew] gen 28 sulam

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Thu Nov 29 07:36:52 EST 2012

2. It would be good if you could explain to us what is "source" and
what is "origin".
Also what you mean by "other dialects".

3. I think you agree that כובע KOBA, 'hat' (see 1Sam. 17:5), is a
head gear that
is קבוע QABUA, 'fixed', (or even קפוא QAPU, 'frozen') on the
head, adding thereby
to the wearer some extra גובה GOBA, 'hight', and looking like a
גבעה GIBAA, 'hill',
or a קובה QUBAH, 'tent' (see Nu 25:8), or an upside down
קובעת QUBAAT, 'goblet',
(see Ish. 51:17).

Isaac Fried, Boston University