[b-hebrew] (no subject)

eric hirsch eric.hirsch.jr at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 05:52:47 EST 2012

Hello b-Hebrew.

 My name is Eric Hirsch. My main interests are the methodology and methods
of a brand of "Literary Criticism" adapted to the Hebrew Bible where
textual meanings are determined by authorial intention. Within the larger
context of the "historical-critical method," I am interested in Hebrew
Bible textual criticism, linguistic analysis, composition (source)
criticism, rhetorical criticism, redaction criticism and tradition history.
I also have an interest in ancient Israelite religion and in historical
Jesus research. I hold a doctorate from Vanderbilt University in Hebrew
Language and Literature.

 I look forward to learning from the list membership.

 Best Regards,

EH