[b-hebrew] הוּא after pronouns

James Spinti jspinti at eisenbrauns.com
Thu Nov 15 09:00:43 EST 2012

Mike,

This is discussed in "The Verbless Clause in Biblical Hebrew," pages 227-230, in the article by Alviero Niccacci, Types and Functions of the Nominal Sentence. He specifically mentions and translates 2 Sam 7:28 in footnote 50:
50. Literally, ‘It is you that are he, namely the (only) God’.

HTH,
James
James Spinti
E-mail marketing, Book Sales Division