[b-hebrew] third person as copulative

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Wed Nov 14 20:36:28 EST 2012

You are right, the KJV translation of Isaiah 37:15(16)  reads: "thou
art the God", with 'art' in place of HU.

Compare with Ex.3:13-15: And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come
unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your
fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his
name? what shall I say unto them? And God said unto Moses, I Am That
I Am: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I
Am hath sent me unto you.
with 'I am' = אני הוא ANIY HU.

Isaac Fried, Boston University