[b-hebrew] BZH

David Kolinsky hadeesh at sbcglobal.net
Fri Nov 9 14:34:10 EST 2012

Allow me to correct  / clarify my own feeling about the word BZH.  It is not
that I disagree that the word means "to despise" it is rather that I believe
that it evolved to that meaning from an original meaning of "to spurn."  It also
evolved into a meaning of "to plunder," because of the shade of meaning found in
it that means "to set aside."  There are many related roots but unfortunately I
do not have time to elaborate right now.  The most salient though would be B.Z.?
(with an Aleph) meaning to divide (Is18:2).

David Kolinsky
Monterey, CA