[b-hebrew] 3ms vs 1cp pronominal suffixes on yiqtol

Charles Grebe animatedhebrew at gmail.com
Tue Nov 6 12:07:46 EST 2012

Yes, I too have taught that the ennu suffix with the so-called energic-nun
is ambiguous. I've looked at all the grammars I have and they say very
little. Gesenius mentions only one possible example in Job 31:15 (see page
158, section 58k).

With regard to Ps 12, the NIV/ESV etc could be following the LXX. It is
interesting that the LXX and a few late medieval Hebrew manuscripts make it
explicitly plural.

Charles
Maniwaki, QC