[b-hebrew] barks and shrieks

Nir cohen - Prof. Mat. nir at ccet.ufrn.br
Tue Nov 6 09:40:05 EST 2012

isaac,

>>> "It is a perfect (SIC!) explanation, except that I don't believe that..."

thanks for the compliments.

nir cohen

------------------------
Cópia: b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org
Para: "Nir cohen - Prof. Mat." <nir at ccet.ufrn.br>
Data: Mon, 5 Nov 2012 20:14:43 -0500
Assunto: Re: [b-hebrew] takliyth
1. As I understand it what you are saying is this: The "prefix" TA-
is merely a meaningless bark, a kind of an abrupt rap one may use to
playfully scare a child. The purpose of this pre-articulated TA-, you
are saying, is to "turn" the root (or cluster of radical letters) KL,
followed the meaningless brief shriek IYT, into an "abstract" noun.
It is a perfect explanation, except that I don't believe that the
Hebrew language is made up of barks and shrieks.

2. It appears to me that the root is antecedent to the meaning of the
word.

Isaac Fried, Boston University