[b-hebrew] Takliyth

Jerry Shepherd jshepherd53 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 14:22:40 EST 2012

Hi Mike,

Based on just the five occurrences in the Hebrew Bible, I don't see any
moral or ethical nuances for the word, nor that of "mature" or "healthy."

I don't know about possible further occurrences in other ancient Hebrew
literature.  Maybe someone else on the list can help with that.

As far as Augustine is concerned, he is probably not even working with the
Hebrew text at all.  All he has is the Latin text.  He is probably assuming
that the Latin translation is an accurate rendering of the LXX text.  So he
is not reading anything into the Hebrew term.

Blessings,

Jerry

Jerry Shepherd
Taylor Seminary