[b-hebrew] Takliyth

Mike Burke michaelgburk at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 5 13:58:03 EST 2012

occurrences of the word in question "contain" all the possible nuances
of the word.<<<<

I didn't mean to imply that all occurrences of the word must contain all
the possible nuances of the word, I'm merely trying to understand what
those possible nuances are.

Are ideas like "mature," "healthy," and morally or ethically "perfect" possible nuances of Takliyth?

Are they possible nuances of perfectum, but not of Takliyth?

Would it have been wrong for Augustine to read such a meaning into Takliyth?

These are the questions I'm interested in.

"complete, utter, absolute," etc.  The Latin term, I'm sure Barry could
tell us, occurs much more often in the entire Latin corpus<<<<
I know it occurs only five times in the Old Testament, but I would assume it occurs more often than that in the entire Hebrew corpus (i.e. Midrash, Mishna, Apocrypha, Talmud, Dead Sea Scrolls, etc.), wouldn't it?