[b-hebrew] Takliyth

Jerry Shepherd jshepherd53 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 13:40:27 EST 2012

Hi Mike,

It seems to me that you are trying to achieve a level of pedantic precision
that is probably unattainable.  Also, you seem to indicate by your use of
the word "contain" that all occurrences of the word in question "contain"
all the possible nuances of the word.  The Hebrew word only occurs five
times and seems to mean something like "complete, utter, absolute," etc.
The Latin term, I'm sure Barry could tell us, occurs much more often in the
entire Latin corpus and has a much larger range of suggested meanings and
nuances; nevertheless, no single occurrence of the Latin term will
"contain" all the possible meanings.

Blessings,

Jerry

* *Jerry Shepherd