Chavoux Luyt chavoux at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 17:39:14 EST 2012

Hi Jim

This was quite an interesting read for me. I just have two questions though:

On 8 March 2012 19:00:

> From: JimStinehart at aol.com

<snip>

> Voila!  We’ve got it.  The name “Haran”/HRN means “Mountain” in west
> Semitic/Hebrew, and Haran dies in the “Mountain”-named country, that is,
> the
> non-mountainous country whose Late Bronze Age name, however, reflected the
> [Zagros] “Mountain” origin of its rulers, the Kassites.

Why would anybody be named for the place of his death? Or rather: how _can_
anybody be named for the place of his _death_? I assume that even in the
"Late Bronze Age" people were named at (or shortly after) birth and not
only after dying?

Second question: why "Late" Bronze Age? If the establishment of the
Israelite Kingdom(s) coincide with the Iron Age (as almost all
archaeologists would agree), should the patriarchs not rather be living in
the early or middle Bronze Age? (Moses being in the Middle or Late Bronze
Age).

Shalom
Chavoux