[b-hebrew] suffixes

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 18:17:10 EST 2012

All languages have irregular forms, I see no reason that Hebrew would not.
That this pattern appears only with this verb says to me that we are
dealing with an irregular verb.

This is the difference between a scientific study, which is descriptive,
and a model that is predictive. Oh yes, models may be used to try to
understand observed phenomena, as a tool, but they must give way to
observations if the observations contradict the models. (Mathematicians
love models, they are so clean. But real life, especially human life, and
languages, are often not neat and clean, so we must just accept those
irregularities, and live with them.)

I don’t try to say other than what is observable.

Karl W. Randolph.