[b-hebrew] suffixes

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Thu Mar 1 13:25:50 EST 2012

I have looked at the paper and did not find reason the change by it
my naive
understanding of the compiled word VAYI$TAXU וישתחו of Gen 18:2.

Instead of asking the ill posed question of what is the root of this
word,
I just observe that the radical letters are here $X.

Prefixed in the word is the verb WA = BA, 'be'.
In addition, the word includes the three personal pronouns YI, TA, U,
namely, היא, אתה הוא HI, (AT) ATAH, HU, all identifying
Abraham,
who performed the act by himself upon himself.

In HI$TAXAWU (Ps. 29:2) the letter W gives the impression of being
radical,
making $AXAW sound like the related $AKAB שכב
It is possible to explain this enigma by seeking the origin
of HI) היא in היה = חיה, HAYAH = XAYAH, and HU)
in הוה = חוה  HAWAH = XAWAH, as in אביו = אביהוּ ABIYW
= ABIYHU,
and אחיו = אחיהוּ AXIYW = AXIHU.

Isaac Fried, Boston University