[b-hebrew] The Confusion of Hebrew Numbers

Sesamo m. sesamox at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 26 04:30:04 EDT 2012

Thanks a lot for your opinions.
It's hard or maybe impossible to know the truth, but I'd like to know the plausibility of certain possible explanations.
Perhaps the most difficult figure for me to accept is that of the 27,000 men who died when the wall of Aphek fell upon them. Just picture the scene.
Also, another figure hard to accept is that of the invasion by Zerah the Ethiopian and his million soldiers. However, a huge and frightening invasion of just one thousand soldiers doesn't seem to fit neither. Unless we could contemplate the possibility of one thousand military units with an undefined number of soldiers.

Sergio Saavedra (Spain)