[b-hebrew] Hebrew Transliteration

James Spinti jspinti at eisenbrauns.com
Wed Jun 13 09:21:12 EDT 2012

Barry,

Are you using Windows or a Mac? If a Mac, it is a matter of choosing U.S. Extended for your character set. You can get the various symbols then by using the option/alt key. For example, the get a shin, you press the option-v key, then s to get this: š You can get a theta by option-h and then t: ṯ  I don't always remember them so the keyboard viewer is helpful :)

I don't use Windows enough to remember any of the commands there, but it used to be a matter of using the Alt key plus a key code on the numeric keypad.

HTH,
James
James Spinti
Marketing Director, Book Sales Division