[b-hebrew] http://lists.ibiblio.org/pipermail/b-hebrew/2000-February/006948.html

Collin Sadler cpsadler1 at msn.com
Fri Jun 8 00:25:39 EDT 2012

Hi All,

Personal Note:
I have been a student of the book of Daniel for 35 years, and am amazed that these prophecies still confound the church.  As such I feel compelled to present a simple case for fulfillments in compliance with the angelic instructions provided in Chapter 12.

Text as provided by "Ian":
The importance for me is simply to show that the text was
written late, which explains why the text is not historically accurate,
though its interest was never the time of the exile, but that of the
Hellenistic crisis.

Response:
According to the guidance provided by Daniel 12:4 & 9, these prophecies cannot be ancient, and thus the observation "dismal swamp", by Montomery, not only applies to the 9th Chapter, but to all prophetic chapters.  Take for example the very first Chapter, and consider that if the ~ couple danced until DAWN ~, did they cease at MIDNIGHT; did they cease at DAWN; or did they cease at NOON?  And so too, if Daniel continued until the FIRST year of King Darius, did he cease PRIOR to the the first year; cease IN the first year; or cease SUBSEQUENT to the first year?  --  Thus do we employ dictionary definitions, or personal agendas and associated rationalizations which chain us to a "dismal swamp"?

So if Daniel continued UNTIL the FIRST year of King Darius, then how does one explain the simple riddle of Daniel 10:1, which places Daniel in the THIRD year of Cyrus, the King of Persia?  Could it be that Cyrus was not yet the king over the Babylonians?  And if he had not yet conquered the Babylonians, but was only king over PERSIA, then obviously Darius (a former Median prince who retained his historical societal conventions) was still king over the Babylonians.

And if this simple concept is accepted, then should one might next consider the intelligent design of the sequence 1,8,4,3,6,5,7,2 -- the firing order of a pre-LS GM 8-cylinder engine; versus the intelligent design of the sequence ~ 4,3,5,2,1 = FIVE ~ as provided in Daniel 2:45.  (Please note the contrast between the Classical interpretation which stipulates a "dismal swamp" 1,2,3,4a,4b.)

Given these two simple considerations, (plus others), we might easily presume that the text is written in its proper historical setting, and is perfect in its accuracy.

With Best Regards,
Collin Sadler