[b-hebrew] historical question with linguistic import

Yigal Levin Yigal.Levin at biu.ac.il
Thu Jul 12 07:37:51 EDT 2012

Hi Karl,

I just skimmed through the translation of Thutmose's annals that appear in Halo's Context of Scripture (vol. II, Brill, 2000) and interestingly enough found no reference there to any number of shields at all. Gold, silver, lapis-lazuri, chariots, coats of mail, bows, prisoners, hands, heads, cows, goats, sheep and so on, but no shields.

Sorry to disappoint.

Yigal Levin