[b-hebrew] -HM vs -MW suffix

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Sun Feb 19 19:00:48 EST 2012

1. I don't know if Y$UATAH ישועתה of Ps. 3:3 is an older form, a
"poetic" form, or merely a alternate grammatical form that was in use
somewhere among the Israelites. What I am convinced of is that it is
not a mere T-suffix", but rather the personal pronoun ATAH אתה
referring to salvation itself. Otherwise, it is the shorter Y$UAH
ישועה ending in HI היא

2. In Ps. 6:5 we find the "irregular" form XALCAH חלצה '(please)
extricate', instead of the "regular" piel form XALEC חַלֵּץ In
this construction, the internal personal pronoun E for the actor is
placed at the end as AH היא

Isaac Fried, Boston University