[b-hebrew] PAAM, was KPR

David Kolinsky hadeesh at sbcglobal.net
Sun Dec 30 00:25:46 EST 2012

Isaac,

The etymology of פעם is from:

פה (mouth)  >>

פעה (to cry out, pant? (Is42:14); hiphil (Jastro) = to resuscitate)
>>  פועה > Pu'ah (of Shiphrah and Puah) "she who resuscitates (midwife)"
>>  נפע (Jastro) "to squirt in the mouth"

>>  פעם literally means "a single puff / pant of air"
since panting is rhythmic the idea of the word gives us:
things that make rhythmic beats:
     > hoof beats (Jd5:29)
     > foot / hoof (making a hoof beat)

(KgII19:24)(Is26:6)(Ps17:5;57:7;58:11;74:385:14;119:133;140:5)(Pr29:5)(Ss7:2)

         the CORNER'S of (Ex25:12)(KgI7:30) are actually FEET
     > an anvil (Is41:7)
     > a bell (Ex28:33)
     > a moment (Pr7:12)(Nh13:20) = one moment of a rhythmic beat
     > (effect of a beat or the sound of a startled beating heart)  to startle
to stir up (Jd13:25)

Shavu'a Tov,
David Kolinsky
Monterey CA