[b-hebrew] The Qeiyafa Ostracon was [amarna] Old West Semitic Words

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 19:41:43 EST 2012

I wonder if that ostracon has ever been accurately deciphered?

I saw, I don’t remember where, a photograph of only part of the ostracon
using a technique (apparently expensive) that brings out writing that is so
faded that it’s invisible to normal analysis. The reason I bring this up is
that in that photograph, one letter that has the form of a waw in visible
analysis came up as a Dag (Dalet) in that special technique. There are
other differences as well. I don’t remember what that technique is called,
but if applied to the thole ostracon, what reading would we find?

Does anyone have further information on it?

Karl W. Randolph.