[b-hebrew] song 1:7

Nir cohen - Prof. Mat. nir at ccet.ufrn.br
Sat Dec 15 11:00:26 EST 2012

karl,

>>> That’s why I understand that the two times BRNYWT is found in contexts that indicate that these
are plural nouns, that they indicate that the singular noun BRNYH was in BH. This is a pattern that is found in Tanakh.

pere and i never claimed otherwise. by the way, i suspect that the non-radical -NYH/-NYT singular suffix (as opposed to the
-H/-YT suffix) in nouns (as opposed to adjectives) is a diminutive form. again, BYRH --> BYRNYT (capital --> central
fortification) is the only BH example i know but see also XMH --> XMNYH (sunflower="small sun"), )ZNYH ("small ear").

nir cohen