[b-hebrew] song 1:7

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 22:41:49 EST 2012

Nir:

On Fri, Dec 14, 2012 at 11:41 AM, Nir cohen - Prof. Mat.
<nir at ccet.ufrn.br>wrote:

> karl,

> is a
> participle, feminine singular, acting as an adjective).

> look for a noun in this place, I call it a noun.

> ... and on what basis do you call it a noun?

What’s above refers to Isaiah 22:2. What’s below refers to Song of Songs
1:7

> neither pere nor i see it as a
> noun, especially if you examine the way it is inserted in the phrase, i.e.
> followed by (L. we see it as describing an action, a participle. we also
> gave
> two etymologies which favor interpretation as a participle: to veil and to
> flock upon.

Song of Songs 1:7 is still a question with me, and I have not expressed a
determination on it. And I have expressed the possibility that this use
could be a participle.

> ending
> in a -H has the plural form ending in -NYWT? Where are they found in
> Tanakh?
>
> it is the normal way for a feminine noun ending in a -YH to become -YWT.
> and
> if the last letter in N, so -NYH becomes -NYWT.

That was not my question. Are there other examples where a N was not the
final letter before the H, but inserted to make a -NYWT ending?

> but sometimes also -H without a Y becomes -YWT. thus, M$NH becomes M$NYWT.
> am sure pere can find more BH examples.

Where is this one found? I’m away from my main computer, and the Bible on
my iPod Touch says this form is not found.