[b-hebrew] King Josiah's Exciting Discovery

Dave Washburn davidlwashburn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 23:36:01 EST 2012

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 6:58 PM,  <jimstinehart at aol.com> wrote:

[snip]

> If the
> high priest Hilkiah could read that holy work himself, why would he give it
> to the scribe Shaphan to read, when the scribe usually handled secular
> matters, whereas the priest handled religious matters?

[snip]

I don't know where you got this idea that there was such a sharp
division between religious and secular matters, but it's so
anachronistic I don't know where to begin. Perhaps some basic reading
on the function of a scribe in ancient Israel might be a good project,
because it might project you from coming up with something this
absurd.

Now I remember why I usually don't read your material.

--
Dave Washburn

Check out my Internet show: http://www.irvingszoo.com

Now available: a novel about King Josiah!