[b-hebrew] Fw: Song of Songs 1:3 TWRQ

David Kolinsky hadeesh at sbcglobal.net
Tue Dec 11 19:27:50 EST 2012

Isaac,

Thank you for the post.
First, let me say that I think that my point that TuRaQ is hoophal meaning
"poured out," is worth at least some discussion - the form is in the grammar
books.

With regard to your point, I would put my entire etymology here but even to me,
although I believe it to be correct, it appears like a stretch.  Besides, for
the most part, I believe that my etymologies at best fall on deaf ears and at
worst are annoyances.  Anyway:

 RK (fragile, delicate, tender) > RQ (thin, lean, meager) > RWQ (spit) > RQQ =
YRQ (to spit) > hiphil HaRaeYQ (to draw out, pour out, empty out).

OOPS I guess I gave you the whole thing, Sorry!

Hanukah S'maekhah,
David Kolinsky
Monterey, CA