[b-hebrew] Alleged "prophetic tense"

Barry nebarry at verizon.net
Sat Dec 1 09:00:04 EST 2012

I'm writing an essay in response to some people who are seriously
misusing the concept. My argument is that it doesn't really exist, not
even as a usage. That a particular passage may be prophetic has nothing
to do with the particular aspect of the verbs employed, but the context
of the passage and how it is then subsequently understood in the history
of interpretation (I'm especially thinking of canonical interpretation,
but not restricted to that). I'd appreciate any comments on this, or
references to any published discussions beyond the apologetically driven
"articles" I've seen on various web pages.

--
N.E. Barry Hofstetter
Semper melius Latine sonat