[b-hebrew] Kalev and Kelev

Will Parsons wbparsons at alum.mit.edu
Thu Sep 15 19:39:31 EDT 2011

Hello Uri,

On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 15:00:10 -0700 (PDT), Uri Hurwitz <uhurwitz at yahoo.com> wrote:
> ,A   Dear Will,
>
> ,A   My points were strictly linguistic.
>
> ,A   The question of the suitability of a name to the
>  person who bears it, is another matter. It is obvious
>  that modern sensibility is different from the ancient.
>
>    It also involves the historicity of the individuals
>  discussed. This subject is outside the scope of this list.
>
>    Perhaps you can help me: what is "k$(D+1lebh" in ordinary
>    transliteration?

The garbage characters were intended to be the unicode character for
e with an acute accent, but I appear to have made some error in encoding.

FWIW, I see the e-acute correctly in my original message, but the garbage
characters in your response.  I also see some strange characters in the
indentation of your paragraphs - are you using some other characters than
simple spaces?

--
Will Parsons