[b-hebrew] 2 Samuel 12:31 MLKN or MLBN?

dwashbur at nyx.net dwashbur at nyx.net
Thu Sep 15 16:22:01 EDT 2011

I can only answer one of these questions.

On 15 Sep 2011 at 12:34, K Randolph wrote:

> B-Hebrew haburim:
>
> In 2 Samuel 12:31 I find the word  used only here with no
> clue as to
> its meaning.
>
> However, here there is a ketib/qere pair, with the qere being
>  meaning
> "brick kiln" with a prefixed . The LXX seems to agree, using
> the word
> .
>
> Two questions:
>
> Is there any evidence from the DSS that could clarify this?

Best I can see from my book and my research, this passage isn't preserved in the DSS,
either directly or in paraphrase.

Hopefully somebody else can answer the other question.

Dave Washburn

http://www.nyx.net/~dwashbur

Check out my Internet show: http://www.irvingsplace.us