[b-hebrew] Kalev and Kelev

Isaac Fried if at math.bu.edu
Wed Sep 14 19:17:26 EDT 2011

Still, KALEB may be unrelated KELEB, 'dog', the same way that KLUB,
'cage, basket', (as in Jer.
5:27) has nothing to do with 'dog', and the same way that DEBORAH may
have nothing to do with 'bee'. All we can say about these names is
that they appear to contain the roots KLB and DBR, respectively.

Isaac Fried, Boston University