[b-hebrew] Caleb

Yodan yodan at yodanco.com
Tue Sep 13 23:49:40 EDT 2011

Being a woman whose first name is Biblical, I'm especially interested in
Biblical women and have never been too happy with the name Hulda = rat.

Now, this discussion has prompted me to look further into it. In addition to
the prophetess named Hulda, there was also a man named Heled (I Chronicles
11:30).

The word Holed = rat appears only once (Lev 11:29).

However, the word Heled = world or lifetime appears 5 times (e.g. Psalms
42:20).

So, perhaps the names Hulda and Heled are related to Heled = world or
lifetime.

Much more appealing than "rat", no?

Rivka Sherman-Gold

Yodan Publishing