[b-hebrew] Caleb

kenneth greifer greifer at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 13 23:08:47 EDT 2011

Jim,

Is there even a one in a billion chance that the word Caleb in Hebrew did not mean "dog", but had other vowels? Maybe it was a name that was spelled with the same consonants, but different vowels. Who knows for sure?

In English, Dg (without the vowels) could be "Dog" or "Doug" if it was a man's name. Maybe Caleb is like that. Maybe the prophetess Huldah or whatever her name was didn't mean "rat" or "mole" but was pronounced differently too. I am just guessing.

Anyway, I like your way of confidently proclaiming new ideas as right because that seems to get responses from the scholarly community on B-Hebrew. I might try that with my own postings from now on. They say they don't like it, but they answer you, so it must push their buttons somehow.

Kenneth Greifer
author of the site http://www.messianicmistakes.com/
where you can see how wrong university scholars are about many quotes with pinpoint accuracy or something like that. (I have to practice your style a little more.) I am also too lazy to look up scholars to quote and then say they are wrong.