[b-hebrew] Does the Name Caleb Mean "Dog"? Not.

Yigal Levin Yigal.Levin at biu.ac.il
Tue Sep 13 10:16:00 EDT 2011

Exactly like the great prophetess was called "rat". Caleb obviously lived in a barrel. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Gerome_-_Diogenes.jpg

There is absolutely no evidence that the Kenizzites were Hurrians. The fact that Joseph Blenkinsopp thought so does not mean that this is the consensus among biblical scholars, but then you often quote only what you want. In fact, we know so little about the Hurrians in general, that anyone could say almost anything about them, without anyone else being able to prove them wrong.

Yigal Levin