[b-hebrew] Exotic Names in II Samuel: Akkadian?

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 21:13:09 EDT 2011

On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 6:56 AM, <JimStinehart at aol.com> wrote:

>> Why not take a look?  To the best of my knowledge, no university scholar
> has ever  a-s-k-e-d  whether “Jebusites” …
>
> Jim Stinehart
> Evanston, Illinois
>
> Because in Genesis 10:16 they were listed as descendants of one of Canaan’s
sons, and because Canaan’s descendants settled the land of Canaan, that
would make “Jebusites” a Canaanite name.

How exactly their language fit within the language families is unknown, as
their language and society were wiped out millennia ago, leaving behind no
examples written down.

Karl W. Randolph.