[b-hebrew] FW: mishnaic Hebrew + Deborah

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Mon Nov 28 12:09:09 EST 2011

George:

Is David Rohl shunned by the academic community because he is wrong, or
because he shook up the academic orthodoxy which is also clearly wrong?

I pointed to him not as an example of what is right, but as an example of
what happens to people who do not toe the line of academic orthodoxy. His
is not the only example, there are others in other fields, but fits this
context as he is a trained Egyptologist.

There should be no serious opposition to the statement that the dates as
proposed by Kitchen and his followers are clearly wrong, off by centuries.
Serious scholarship will admit to that. Archeology points out that they are
faulty. But will the herd mentality mentioned by Dr. Thomas Gold allow
researchers the freedom to find out the truth? Your answer seems to say
“No!”

Karl W. Randolph.