[b-hebrew] FW: mishnaic Hebrew + Deborah

Yigal Levin Yigal.Levin at biu.ac.il
Sun Nov 27 13:07:09 EST 2011

Karl,

Please read a couple of basic books on ANE archaeology, and on
archaeological method in general. You will find out that very little
"depends" on Manetho without external corroboration. Manetho supplied early
scholars a very basic framework for Egypt only, into which Egyptologists,
once Hieroglyphics were deciphered, imported data from tens of thousands of
contemporary inscriptions, as well as comparative data from other parts of
the ANE. Today we know that Manetho, while right about some things, was
wrong about many others. Ugarit is connected through over two centuries of
cross referencing to Mesopotamia, Hatti, Canaan, Cypress and Egypt.

Yigal Levin