[b-hebrew] Takhrir and Shikhrur

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 16:00:54 EST 2011

Uzi:

I know of no such word “liberation” in Tanakh or Biblical Hebrew.

On your second point, there are several words in Biblical Aramaic that show
that ‘sh’ to ‘t’ substitution, including:

תוב to return
תמה that place, there
תנין second
תקל to weigh

So I think it possible that such a substitution could also occur between
Hebrew and Arabic.

Karl W. Randolph.