[b-hebrew] Someone knows?

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 13:05:03 EDT 2011

Pere:

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 1:10 AM, Pere Porta <pporta7 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm afraid I know none in the qatal hiphil.
> But I know a pair which are similar, in the Qal:
>
> --MT.Y (Gn 19:19)

“lest that which is displeasing, even my death, sticks to me.” This example
looks like a noun to me.

MWT with a suffix is at times spelled as MT + suffix, e.g. Deuteronomy 34:7,
2 Kings 15:5.

> --$T.Y (Ex 23:31)

Do you have more examples, as one isolated example does not show a pattern,
as this example in its context can also be read as a noun. To show a
pattern, it would be better to have at least a few examples where there is
no question that they must be read as verbs.